Name:
Location: Oliver, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, July 14, 2006

Sunflower Sensation




Danny in front of the sunflower patch. You can see just how tall they are growing.

There is something about sunflowers that just give me so much joy. I would call them happy flowers. I feel like they are almost smiling down on me. You can see bees and other insects buzzing around them with such energy and glee. I imagine in Heaven there are lots of sunflowers growing in the open meadows. As you walk past them, they turn their heads in your direction and just give you a bright smile. I know, I know, my imagination is getting carried away here, but I can't help myself. Another thing I like about the sunflowers that grow in my garden is, I didn't even have to plant them. I think they came up as volunteers. They just grow without any care or thought from me. The are so obedient, standing at attention as I walk by. They are also the only thing that grows in my garden, everything else just faded away, but they just keep growing and growing. They also do a good job of hiding the weeds that do grow from my view.

I would like to thank Cereneone for her lovely comments. I don't know you, but you touch me.
I would like to contact you somehow if you use Hello.

“ If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. ”- John 15:10

3 Comments:

Blogger CereneOne said...

You have an amazing outlook on life. I really enjoy your blogs. The pictures just seem to bring it to view on my mind.

At current I don't use Hello. Maybe in the near future? I am moving in about 3 weeks. My site is www.xanga.com/cereneone/

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Miles said...

I have to agree with Cereneone, Ali, your journalling is wonderful. I have experienced the joy of the sunflower as well. And Danny is growing like them too...seems one day they are looking up at you, then next looking down at you, no? I love you and miss you my sweet friend. I will check on your blog as much as possible. I'm praying for you!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Judgirl said...

I have to agree with the group here..you are doing great in your blog and the pictures are super.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home