Name:
Location: Oliver, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, July 17, 2006

Unwelcome Visitor

Mr. snake blends right in with the tree.


Sarah and Danny enjoying a late evening rock skipping lesson.


Everyonce in a while a few friends from church get together for fellowship and fun. Well this past Saturday was one of those days. It was a warm sunny day, perfect for the beach and BBQ.
I was just making myself comfy ready to soak in some rays and take in a well needed rest. I noticed some commotion just to the right of me. A few people from my group were standing there not sure to run and scream, or take in this horrible sight. Well, when it comes to me and my camera, nothing stands in the way. My curiosity got the better of me. In my view was a bow snake at least four feet long. The snake was trying to mind his own business as he traveled along his route that he has taken many times before. According to the park ranger, they have tried to relocate this snake on many occasions, but for what ever reason, he likes to come back and cause unintentional fear in the beach bathers.

This whole scenario reminded me how ol slew foot the devil works in our lives. At first he comes knocking at our door, we react in fear and disbelief wondering how we could ever entertain him. After a while the devil has a route that he knows works well. He can enter in our mind and thoughts and blend right in till we don't even notice anymore that he is there. Yes at times we try to boot him out, relocate him, but he knows us and takes the same route over and over again. This is when we have to call out to the park ranger ( Jesus ) to take care of him forever. To boot him out and have Jesus take over our lives completely. In doing this, the devil cannot find the entry point back into our hearts and mind.

“ I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. ”- Romans 1:16

3 Comments:

Blogger CereneOne said...

Marvelous analogy! I want to visit that serene beach. Lovely.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Judgirl said...

some great pictures there girl...keep up the good work.

12:44 PM  
Blogger CereneOne said...

Missing your posts. Hope all is well.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home