Name:
Location: Oliver, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, July 10, 2006

Waterslide Weekend


We had a very busy weekend. I had a surprise call from my sister in law, it is always a treat to hear from her. My brother Mitch, his wife Val, and my niece came to visit my mom and dad in Penticton, they do this a few times a year. They live in Prince George, and in a few weeks I will be making my very first trip up there to visit them.

We spent the later part of the afternoon and evening at the waterslides in Penticton. I'm not one of those extreme sports type of people, and yes even the kids park swing is extreme for me.
My kids and niece had a blast. I was quite content to watch them have the time of their lives taking those risky slides into the cool water. Kids seem to have such a sense of adventure and freedom, I think I can learn something from them. I need to start to live a little and take some risks of my own, why be old before your time. Even in our spiritual lives, we are to come to Jesus as little children. Sometimes we need to look at life through the eyes of children, oh what freedom that will bring us in every aspect of our lives.

“ being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. ”- Philippians 1:6

1 Comments:

Blogger CereneOne said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. The kids sure look happy and cool!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home