Name:
Location: Oliver, British Columbia, Canada

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The big face off

Jill
Sarah
Val
And Me

On our trip at Prince George, the girls wanted to do something special with their moms. The request came in the form of a girls night out. This consisted of doing the strange ritual that women all over the world do, plastering goop all over your face. Well, we never did do this at night, but we found a nice chuck of time during one afternoon to take this request on. After banishing Danny from the area, we now felt it was safe to let the fun begin.
The girls were responsible to find recipes and mix all the ingredients together to make the appropriate masks. Apparently the girls thought Val and I needed the age defining avacodo mask that looked and smelt disgusting. On the other hand the girls treated themselves to a yummy tasting and wonderfully scented strawberry mask.
After candles were lit, soft music was playing, and the lights went out, it was time to start. We took turns applying the masks to each others faces, massaging it in, and trying to lie still and not giggle.
After the facials, we treated our taste buds to some sinful chocolate.
I found this whole experience to be a very wonderful bonding time between my daughter and I. I'm positive that Sarah will remember this time of sharing for many years to come. Now I wonder what Danny is going to ask me to do with him, white river rafting perhaps, I hope not.


“ Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. ”- Luke 12:6-7

2 Comments:

Blogger Judgirl said...

looking good girl...can't wait for the pictures from the white water rafting trip (hehe)

7:06 AM  
Blogger CereneOne said...

Hey there. Bet you thought I had forgotten ya, huh? Not so! I am still on the road in process of moving to Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands. Just got my PC up and going from Mom's house in Florida. Will check in when I am able until I can get back permanant once we have re-established household in Kwaj. Hugs!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home