Name:
Location: Oliver, British Columbia, Canada

Friday, August 04, 2006

Home Sweet Home - Please Pray

Abigail enjoying a kitten

Jud's granddaughter Hanna

I had a wonderful time meeting my friend Jud. For those who don't know, Jud is Barbs (lalalime, Mrs Miles) sister in law. Even though Jud was so busy with getting her home up for sale, she still found the time to make me and my children feel welcomed and part of her family.

So on Wednesday it was time to come home. Even though I like the busyness of traveling and being active, it is always so nice to come home to my own bed and routeen.

On Thursday morning I got a frantic call from my ex-husband saying that my son Curtis, who is 21, got bit by a rattlesnake. I rushed to the hospital and spent the remainder of the day and evening at his side. Watching him go through blood work, tests, IV's and anti venom treatment I managed to hold it together. Before I was at his side, I had him put on my local prayer chain. I do believe that is responsible for my calmness and his lack of pain and fast recovery. Curtis still needs lots of prayer to recover movement fully in his hand and arm. I feel the most prayer is needed for his spiritual situation. Curtis is a very angry and bitter young man with some heavy matters of the heart. As a young child he knew the Lord, but through the hard times of life and poor choices he has now denied the Lord. With that said, I truly believe through the power of prayer, that his heart can be softened and remolded in the hands of the Lord.
So keep this whole situation in prayer. Thanks.

“This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”- Jeremiah 33:2-3

2 Comments:

Blogger Judgirl said...

anytime girl...good pictures of the girls ...could you send me a copy...scarey ...rattlesnake bit...glad to hear everything is ok ...

4:36 PM  
Blogger CereneOne said...

Bless your heart. I know that would be very hard for a mother. Prayers rising for your son. God be with you all.

On a side note, I will begin my move early Monday morning. I am headed to Michigan to visit my Grandma then on to our new home in Indiana. I will check in on your blog when I can.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home