Name:
Location: Oliver, British Columbia, Canada

Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's Not Just A Job, It's An Adventure.

The fog lifting off the river by my house

I know it has been awhile since I have shown my face around here....
As most of you may know, I have joined the working force group of society. What an eye opener that has been. I guess I have been rather protected in my little cocoon, surrounded by my children and close church friends. What a culture shock it has been.
I'm not just talking about the exhaustion and the painful tired feet at the end of the day. I'm speaking of the extremely rude and self absorbed customers that walk into the store on a daily basis. I have come to the conclusion that alot of people sadly do not have a life. These people have nothing better to do than to wait for the drug store to open each morning, so they can check to see if they have that winning lottery ticket in their hands. What an horrible existence and a waste of a God given life, placing your whole meaning of life on a paper ticket. I see these people every day spending hundreds of dollars a week on a false hope. I see people from many walks of life come into the store, from drug addicts,to the poor and the rich and everything in between. Seeing all that I see makes me so glad and grateful that I put my trust and hope in something that is real, someone that stands beside me through every moment and trial in my life. That someone is Jesus. I'm so glad I don't have to place my hope and future in a false god such as a paper lottery ticket or any other number of hopeless things that this world offers.
I just pray that in some little way that Jesus can use me to be a light in this dark world.

A special hi to my blog friends.
Hi Cereneone.

“A man finds joy in giving an apt reply— and how good is a timely word!”- Proverbs 15:23

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Miles said...

HOW TRUE Ali! It must be an eye opener for sure. We are both so proud of you for your new job - and wish you many foot massages! We certainly miss your presence both in person and on the 'net. God Bless you for the sacrifices your making and may you be blessed in your job and home life. We Love Ya

8:56 PM  
Blogger Judgirl said...

always remeber God looks for the sinner and you just keep saying little prayers for those with those little tickets and they will recieve the big winnings THE LORD

7:16 PM  
Blogger CereneOne said...

Yay! You are back! I was missing ya. I didn't realize you had went back to work. That would be a great culture shock! Rude people. Yes, everyday.

I am currently staying with my folks on a beachfront resort (they have managed it for 16+ years). The people come from everywhere and some are very rude indeed. We leave here hopefully early next week for Maryland. Just a mere 90 minutes from where this journey started.... I am ready to have a home once more.

Great to see ya!

8:15 AM  
Blogger CereneOne said...

Time for another pop in??? Missing you.

4:51 PM  
Blogger CereneOne said...

Thinking of you...

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home